Radiation Therapy Complications in the GTA
Our Hyperbaric services can be used in:
- Sudden Hearing Loss
- Radiation Therapy Complications
- Amputation Avoidance
- Limb Preservation
- Greater Toronto Area
Request a quote (905) 614-0057
- Customer-oriented treatment
- Leading expertise in the field
- Scientifically backed medical treatments
- An interdisciplinary team that works in concert with other medical practitioners.
Located in Mississauga, MEDICAL OXYGEN REPAIR – MO2R offers treatments for radiation therapy complications.
Radiation Therapy Complications
Radiation therapy is a powerful and effective tool used to battle cancer. The treatment involves focusing x-rays to damage or terminate cancer cells.
However, not all outcomes are favourable. In some cases, damage to normal tissue can occur and unpleasant complications may settle after irradiation. The biological effects of radiation exposure can be divided into 2 groups:
- If sustained following treatment the problem is called persistent radiation effects.
- If initial inflammation settles but tissue deterioration and loss of function develops after three months, this has been termed radiation late effects
At MEDICAL OXYGEN REPAIR – MO2R, we specialize in treating the latter.
Our treatments remedy complications
Need effective radiation therapy complication remedies?
Treating Radiation Late Effects
In 2002, Dr. Wilfred Levin and Dr. Wayne Evans, from MEDICAL OXYGEN REPAIR – MO2R, founded the Adult Radiotherapy Late Effects Clinic at the Princess Margaret Hospital in Toronto.
The clinic has helped treat hundreds of patients to date, and a range of therapeutic options have been developed and explored to meet the needs of this affected population.
Leading researchers seeking therapeutic solutions