“Our mission is to treat every patient with respect while pursuing coordinated healthcare benefits over the period of months they may be under our care. In many cases, hyperbaric oxygen therapy may be an integral component of our care plan. Working in concert with referring physicians and specialists, our highly qualified staff ensure all our patients understand the many steps in the healing process.”
Dr. Wayne Evans, Medical Director
"My decades-long quest has been to pursue unbiased exploration of the value of hyperbaric oxygen therapy. I see that potential in the instance of the not-for-profit organization, Medical Oxygen Research" - Dr. Wayne Evans, Medical Director
There are 3 domains which we have molded the organization to emulate such that Medical Oxygen Research (MO2R) is well positioned to pursue an institutional and university affiliation:
- Clinical Service - The near 3 yr old clinical service is well established at MO2R
- Research - Later in 2018 Research agendas are to commence both observational and interventional.
- Training Programs - These are evolving. Most importantly is training of physicians under a College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario program to prepare them for independent practice in Hyperbaric Medicine. These MDs will then also be prepared to challenge the new specialist Certification program in Hyperbaric Medicine recently announced by the Royal College of Physician & Surgeons of Canada
Want to schedule an appointment?
Building on a foundation of exemplary research & dedicated to the betterment of patients' lives through compassionate use of technology.
- To conduct research into the causes, controls and cure of debilitating diseases, illnesses and conditions.
- To improve health through researching the optimal use of oxygen.In this manner we will strive to demystify the wide range of health benefits currently claimed but not scientifically evidenced by supplemental oxygen.
As well, there is a need to understand the limits of human tolerance for oxygen and the potential hazards of excessive use .
Answers to these questions will address many unmet health research needs and aid in institutional decision-makingregarding public support and access to this therapy.
Key driver for support will be through charitable donations through associated organizations due to lack of industry interest in such explorations; since there is no proprietary value in oxygen.
Physician Training in Hyperbaric Medicine
Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Canada
2017 Certification program in Hyperbaric Medicine
~2017 - National Facility Certification Program
College of Physicians & Surgeons of Ontario - Scope of Practice Training Guidelines
2017 - Formalized Training Supervision Program*
~2020 - CPSO Facility Certification Program
Dr. Wayne Evans is currently sole adequately qualified physician in Ontario providing
CPSO Supervision of MDs Planning to change their scope of practice to include
This training of physicians under a College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
program to is to prepare them for independent practice in Hyperbaric Medicine.
The CPSO in February 2018 has updated and strengthened its policy regarding Changing of Scope of Practice. Physicians interested in service provision in Hyperbaric & Diving Medicine are encouraged to examine this resource material found at: http://www.cpso.on.ca/Policies-Publications/Policy/Ensuring-Competence